How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.