How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly really simple to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.