How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.