How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.