How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.