How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.