How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.