How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.