How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.